The Sony XDCAM PXW-FX9 camera allows content creators superior artistic liberty and customisation with special features to help bring your creative vision to life.
The Sony XDCAM PXW-FX9 camera system offers you a newly-developed: Full-Frame (1) sensor, Quick Hybrid Auto Focus system and improved mobility features.
This camera allows content creators superior artistic liberty and customisation with special features to help bring your creative vision to life.
It is Sony’s first XDCAM camcorder containing an innovative 6K(2) Full-Frame sensor and Quick Hybrid Auto Focus (AF) system.
This new camcorder gives content creators superior artistic proficiencies to capture spectacular images that really inspire your viewers.
Structured on the triumph of the PXW-FS7 and PXW-FS7M2, the Sony XDCAM PXW-FX9 distinctively combines high agility with an innovative AF system, inspiring bokeh and slow-motion proficiencies thanks to its newly-developed sensor.
This camera also receives it’s colour science and Dual Base ISO 800/4000 from the VENICE digital motion picture camera and signifies the decisive tool of choice for:
- All-round event shooting;
- Drama productions;
- Music videos;
- And documentaries.
It was planned in close partnership with the artistic community and is another instance of Sony unceasingly developing its scheme to transform with the customer and market needs.
The camcorder profits from the flexibility, transportability and performance anticipated of an FS7 series “Run & Gun” style camcorder, while also giving you High Dynamic Range and Full Frame shooting features.
Commanding Features For Artistic Content Creators
The newly-developed 6K Full-Frame sensor gives you wide dynamic range with high sensitivity, low noise and over 15 stops of latitude that can be recorded internally in 4K(3) 4:2:2 10bit.
Oversampling by the Full-Frame 6K sensor lets specialists produce high-quality 4K footage with inspiring bokeh effects through shallow depth of field, while wide-angle shooting opens new opportunities for content creators to express their ingenuity.
This means that every scene captured looks true-to-life whether it’s shot in broad day light or in the middle of the night.
The Sony XDCAM PXW-FX9 can also capture content up to five times the slow-motion speed with FHD 120fps shooting.
With the equivalent colour science and Dual Base ISO 800/4000 of the VENICE camera, the new sensor can also generate softer and more alluring facial tones.
The improved Quick Hybrid AF system with customisable AF changeover speeds and sensitivity settings also combines phase detection AF for quick, precise subject tracking with contrast AF for excellent focus accuracy.
The devoted 561-point phase-detection AF sensor covers around 94% in width and 96% in height of imaging area, permitting reliably accurate, reactive AF tracking, even with quick-moving subjects while maintaining shallow depth of field.
Boundless Ingenuity And Customisation
Encouraged by the high agility “Run & Gun” style approach from the FS7 series of camcorders, the Sony XDCAM PXW-FX9 gives content creators even more options thanks to Electronic Variable ND Filter.
This permits more artistic effects for content creators and instantaneous exposure level changes contingent on the filming situation – even when it’s moving from an inside space to outdoors or while filming in natural light circumstances.
By recording image stabilisation info and utilising it on the Catalyst Browse/Prepare(4) option, content creators can capture extremely stable visuals even in handheld mode.
Sony is also working to inspire other third-party non-linear editing tools to implement this functionality.
The Sony XDCAM PXW-FX9 is offered with a variety of customisations and extension options.
These embrace compatibility with:
- The new UWP-D series of wireless microphones via Multi Interface Shoe™ (MI Shoe) with digital audio interface;
- The XDCA-FX9 extension kit allowing 10bit S35 4K 120fps and 16bit RAW output(5);
- Compatibility with Sony BP-GL and BP-FL series batteries;
- D-Tap, RJ-45 interface and stable “Dual Link” streaming by using two carrier lines;
- As well as DWX slot-in type digital wireless receiver frequently utilised in broadcast environments(5).
The Sony XDCAM PXW-FX9 will also be companionable with the newly launched E-mount lens FE C 16-35mm T3.1 G, which distinctively balances full manual operability for movie shooting and auto-control functions.
- Commanding and flexible 4K interchangeable camera lens system
- Capture 4K images with movie-like depth of field
- Precise focus and facial recognition
- Shots so smooth it’ll look like you utilised a gimbal
- Wide dynamic range
$21,505.00 Add to cart
- This bundle also includes a Sony 28-135mm f/4 G OSS E-mount zoom lens which covers full-frame format and offers you an f/4 to f/22 aperture range
- The Sony XDCAM PXW-FX9K 6K Full-Frame Camera structure is ideal for your next project with its commanding and customisable 4K substitutable lens camera system
- Full-frame; Oversampled 6K Exmor R CMOS sensor
- The Quick Hybrid AF autofocus structure permits precise focus and even offers facial recognition to robotically detect human form with 561 points of discovery
- The camera’s default S-Cinetone colour look allows you the same soft, vivid tone as with Sony’s VENICE camera
Click here to learn more about the Sony XDCAM PXW-FX9K 6K Full Frame With 28-135MM F/4 G OSS Lens
$26,400.00 Add to cart
- Wide-angle zoom intended for full-frame E-mount cine cameras, this lens is also companionable with full-frame cinema cameras such as the Sony XDCAM PXW-FX9
- The included separable servo unit delivers comfortable fingertip control for smooth, gradual zooms appropriate for a slow-moving drama or promotional video
- Constant T3.1 max aperture gives you reliable performance during the zoom range for working in problematic lighting conditions
- Two XA (extreme aspherical) elements and three aspherical elements are unified into the optical design and feature greater surface accuracy for effective control over astigmatism, field curvature and other spherical aberrations
- Two extra-low dispersion elements are featured in the lens design and aid in reducing chromatic aberrations and colour fringing for better clarity and colour neutrality
Click here to learn more about the Sony FE C 16-35MM T/3.1 G E-Mount Lens
1. Initially supported recoding aspect is 16:9. 17:9 (active about 19M pixel) will be supported by future update.
2. 6K Oversampling, not capable of 6K recording.
3. 3840×2160 recording is initially supported and 4096×2160 recording will be supported by future update.
4. Planned to be supported by Ver.2019.2 in December 2019.
5. Raw output function and DWX compatibility will be supported by future update. A future update will be scheduled sequentially for summer 2020. Further details will be announced.