Simple To Operate So You Can Set Your Imagination Free
Convenient Framing With A Tiltable Display Monitor
The Sony RX100 VII compact camera makes it easy for you to:
- Frame selfie shots;
- Or shoot from high and low angles.
This is because the:
- 921k-dot 3.0-type LCD monitor inclines up by 180° and down by around 90°.
Access The Electronic Viewfinder One-Touch
The XGA OLED Tru-Finder™ has a resolution of approx. 2.35 million dots for:
- Comprehensive; and
- High-contrast viewing.
You can access it swiftly using the pop-up switch and withdraw it just as rapidly when done.
Even Shooting With Touch Operation
Just tap the screen to initiate Real-time Tracking for any stills or movies.
Also available are:
- Touch Focus;
- Touch Pad; and
- Touch Shutter.
Data Management Made Easy
With still images you can:
- Or protect files from deletion in playback mode using elective custom-key assignment for these jobs.
Continuously shot images can be shown in your collections in which you shot them
and you can be remove or protect collections with one action.
Functions That Are Customisable
Camera functions that are triggered from your Fn buttons can now have distinct assignments for your:
- And movie shooting.
Commonly used functions and menu items can be effortlessly and easily retrieved when you allocate them using the:
- My Menu; and
- My Dial features.
Features For Serious Movie-Makers
HDR (HLG) Recording And Steady AF With High-Resolution 4K
The camera allows internal 4K (QFHD:3840×2160) movie recording^1^2 with:
- Complete pixel info;
- And no pixel binning.
Even, steady AF is the consequence of:
- Improved AF processes;
- And Real-time Tracking;
- As well as Real-time Eye AF (human) which now also offered for your movies.
With HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) capability you can appreciate HDR images
just by linking the camera to a HDR (HLG) compatible Sony TV via a USB cable.
For Creators And Vloggers That Want Advanced Features
Even when you’re mobile, image stabilisation “Active” mode produces even 4K video
and with a sloping selfie screen and exterior mic input, both:
- And audio are hassle-free.
Improve your VLogging with the mobile RX100 VII compact camera.
New Touch Tracking for movies gives you:
- And simple autofocus.
That you can depend on, while Real-time Eye AF (human) guarantees accurate focus.
For Higher-Quality Sound You Get Exterior Mic Inputs
Regardless of its compacted size, the Sony Cyber Shot RX100 VII consists of a microphone input^3.
Highly valued by:
- And professionals alike.
The standard 3.5mm input allows professional audio capture for all your:
- And vlogs.
Improved Image Stabilisation Throughout 4K Movie Recording
Capture even 4K video while you are walking with new “Active” mode image stabilisation.
Simple movie editing is offered in the Imaging Edge™ Movie Edit add-on app^4 for:
- Even smoother;
- Gimbal-like stabilisation^5.
For Smartphone Viewing There Is Vertical Movie Recording With MetaData
Movies shot with the compact digital camera held vertically can now be observed in the same positioning on PCs
and smartphones thanks to the metadata added by the Sony RX camera^6.
For Improved Artistic Expression There Is S-Log Support
The RX100 VII small digital camera supports:
- S-Log3; and
- S-Log2 Picture Profiles.
Whether you require:
- High dynamic range;
- And wide colour space images for post-production;
- Or a unique look right out of the camera.
The Sony RX100 VII has got your back!
For Time-Lapse Movies There Is Interval Shooting
The Interval Shooting^7 function accomplishes continuous shooting
with a set interval of 1 to 60 seconds with AE tracking.
The subsequent time-lapse images can be:
- Shown on your camera;
- Or gathered into a movie on your PC.
Greater Image Quality
Exceptional Low-Light Shooting And High Resolution
High levels of apparent image resolution and low noise contribute to excellent image quality
with realistic-looking textures.
The large 1.0-type image sensor has a resolution of:
- 20.1 megapixels;
- 9 with back-illuminated technology;
- And an enhanced standard ISO range of 100-12800.
Texture Reproduction And Excellent Colour
The newly established image sensor and the camera’s image-processing processes, accomplish:
- More genuine textures;
- And colours.
- Human skin tones look natural;
- While the rich colours of flowers are more precisely replicated.
For Sturdier Still Shots There Is Optical Image Stabilisation
Capture high-quality images with compensation for hand-held camera wobble:
- Even in dim lighting;
- And at telephoto range.
The image-stabilisation system brings a level of stabilisation comparable to:
- A 4.0-stop^8 faster shutter speed;
- At 200mm^9.
Silent Shooting With Anti-Distortion Electronic Shutter
The RX100 VII compact camera attains shutter speeds of up to 1/32000 sec.,
while the sensor’s quick readout aids in suppressing the rolling-shutter effect
that can happen when photographing rapidly moving subjects.
Silent shooting^10 is also possible.
Effects Such As Soft Skin
The Soft Skin Effect:
- Decreases facial wrinkles;
- And skin dullness, for improved portraits.
Creative Style and Picture Effect choices allow you to
make fine alterations to capture distinctive images.
Subject Tracking And Dependable AF
Quick AF Speed And Wide AF Coverage
The Sony Cyber Shot RX100 VII features:
- A category-leading^11 total of 357 focal-plane phase-detection AF points;
- Covering a total of 68% of the frame.
These are accompanied by:
- 425 contrast-detection AF points;
- And AF acquisition is attained in just 0.02 seconds^12, the world’s fastest speed^13.
For Moving Subjects There Is Real-Time Tracking
To track your subjects anywhere they may move, Real-Time Tracking utilises subject-recognition processes (AI)^15 that draw on:
- Pattern (brightness);
- Subject distance (depth); and
- Face/eye information.
Preserving a continuous, stable focus on a moving subject helps you
capture each vital moment of action as it occurs, whether you’re taking stills or movies.
For Both Stills And Movies There Is Real-Time Eye AF
The secret components for gorgeous portraits is Sony’s cutting-edge eye-detection and tracking performance.
Real-Time Eye AF:
- Perceives human eyes; and
- Preserves focus as the subject moves, leaving you free to compose your shot.
It’s even possible to focus on whichever:
- The left;
- Or the right eye of your subject.
For Animals There Is Also Real-Time Eye AF
Amazing portrait shots of pets are simpler than ever.
Real-Time Eye AF is offered for animals^16 as well as people.
Quick Shooting And Wide Zoom Range
Wide Zoom Ability In A Compacted Body
The high-magnification 24-200mm^7 zoom lens brings you superb image quality.
Engineered to attain supreme resolution and clearness across the whole zoom range, it brings:
- Extraordinary telephoto ability to a pocket-size package;
- Massively increasing your choices for artistic expression.
A Pocket-Full Of Great Lenses
The ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar T* 24-200mm1 F2.8-4.5 zoom lens covers:
- A wide span of zoom ranges;
- Comparable to two typical zoom lenses (24-70mm and 70-200mm);
- All in a very compacted configuration.
The camera’s lens elements include:
- Four AA (advanced aspherical) lenses;
- And two ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements.
These work together:
- To attain excellent resolution;
- Right out to the periphery of the image;
- And throughout the telephoto range.
Designed For Speed – The New Image Sensor
The newly established:
- 1.0-type stacked CMOS image sensor;
- And the newest BIONZ X™ image-processing engine;
- Open new dimensions in speed and image quality.
Quick, 20fps Constant Shooting With Highly Precise AF/AE Tracking
The quick new image sensor permits:
- Constant shooting at up to 20fps^17;
- And the camera trails subjects with AF/AE calculations at up to 60 times per second^17;
- Even when they’re moving unpredictably
- Or at high speed.
Stay On Track With Blackout-Free Shooting
Blackout-free Shooting^18 allows you to track your subject’s movement:
- Without disruption on the camera’s LCD display;
- Or viewfinder screen;
- With display updates done at 60fps to reduce time lag.
Single Burst Shooting
The newly established Single Burst Shooting^19 function will:
- Capture even very quick-moving action;
- Such as the specific instant a tennis racket hits the ball;
- Taking seven shots in quick sequence.
With selectable speeds of:
- 60fps; or
It lets you:
- Capture critical moments;
- That might else be very problematic;
- And you can use it with the self-timer.
Image formats supported:
- JPEG; and
A To-Go Package With Pro Features
Pro-level features for both still shots and movies will meet the demands of:
- Professional photographers;
- Creators; and
Greater Speed Performance And Broad Zoom Range
Inside its compacted body, the RX100 VII compact digital camera is
packed with all it takes to deliver stunning images.
The 24-200mm^7 zoom lens is accompanied by:
- 0.02-sec^20 super-fast AF;
- New Real-Time Tracking;
- And Real-Time Eye AF;
- Plus improved image stabilisation;
- And an exterior microphone jack for high-quality movie shooting.
^1 A Class 10 or higher SDHC/SDXC card is required for XAVC S format movie recording. UHS speed Class 3 or higher is required for 100 Mbps recording.
^2 When the “Auto Power Off Temperature” is set to “Standard”, continuous recording is possible for up to 5 minutes. Set to “Standard” for handheld shooting. Use a tripod or other support when “High” is selected. Maximum continuous recording time may vary according to camera temperature and shooting environment.
^3 Attaching a microphone without the Shooting Grip Kit requires an optional accessory.
^4 Please use the latest version.
^5 The frame area of the picture becomes narrower than the original image. Movie footage can be rendered up to Full HD quality.
^6 In-camera movie playback is in the horizontal position. Whether or not movies are displayed in the vertical position depends on your device.
^7 Wi-Fi does not work during interval shooting.
^8 CIPA-standard, pitch/yaw directions, at 200mm (angle of view, 35mm format equivalent).
^9 Angle of view (35mm format equivalent).
^10 Silent shooting can be activated via “Shutter type: Electronic” and “Audio signals: Off”.
^11 Among fixed lens digital cameras with 1.0-type sensor. As of Jul. 2019, based on Sony research.
^12 CIPA standard, internal measurement, at f=9.0mm (wide-end), EV6.6, Program Auto, Focus mode: AF-A, Focus area: Centre.
^13 Among fixed lens digital cameras with 1.0-type sensor. As of Jul. 2019, based on Sony research.
^15 AI (artificial intelligence) including machine learning technology is used.
^16 Real-time Eye AF for Animals supports still images only, and cannot be used in combination with tracking. Does not work with some types of animal. Focusing may not perform well depending on scene and subject conditions.
^17 When using the electronic shutter; effective when the shutter speed is 1/60 or above.
^18 Effective when using electronic shutter. The slower the shutter speed, the lower the refresh rate of the screen.
^19 Seven still images are shot per burst. Focus and exposure are fixed at the first shot in each burst.
^20 CIPA standard, internal measurement, at f=9.0mm (wide-end), EV6.6, Program Auto, Focus mode: AF-A, Focus area: Centre.