* Rounded 11-blade diaphragm assists you to create a pleasing bokeh quality
when engaging discerning focus methods.
* Linear response manual focus and Improved Hybrid autofocus gives you fast, noiseless and accurate focusing performance
to suit cine applications.
* A Nano AR coating has been applied to decrease surface reflections, flare and ghosting for increased contrast
and colour rendering in strong lighting conditions.
* Two extra-low dispersion elements are featured in the lens design
and aid in reducing chromatic aberrations
and colour fringing for better clarity and colour neutrality.
* Two XA (extreme aspherical) elements and three aspherical elements are unified into the optical design
and feature greater surface accuracy for effective control over astigmatism, field curvature and other spherical aberrations.
* Constant T3.1 max aperture gives you reliable performance during the zoom range
for working in problematic lighting conditions.
* The included separable servo unit delivers comfortable fingertip control for smooth, gradual zooms
appropriate for a slow-moving drama or promotional video.
Servo and manual control are switchable by the button on the lens unit
and while set to servo you can control zoom via camera’s handle or grip zoom.
* Wide-angle zoom intended for full-frame E-mount cine cameras,
this lens is also companionable with full-frame cinema cameras such as the Sony XDCAM PXW-FX9.
Produce Smooth, Soft-Edged Bokeh With Selective Focus Imagery
Supplementing the optical resources,
this lens includes an 11-blade iris to produce:
- Soft-edged bokeh;
- With selective focus imagery.
Swiftly Vary Amongst AF And MF With A Switch
For fine tuning focus,
you can swiftly vary amongst AF and MF with a switch.
A linear response manual focus permits:
- Lag-free control;
- For even operation.
The focus ring provides 120° revolution with good control and distance is marked in feet.
Utilise Perceptible Feel When Focusing
The switch also features a setting for click stops
so you can utilise perceptible feel when focusing.
The Improved Hybrid autofocus supports:
- And contrast recognition.
The lens also supports autoexposure as supported on a Sony Cine camera such as the Sony XDCAM PXW-FX9.
Decrease Chromatic Aberrations
The optical design includes:
- Two extra-low diffusion elements to decrease chromatic aberrations;
- Along with two XA elements;
- And three aspherical elements, which meaningfully controls spherical aberrations for a high degree of image acuity and clearness.
Limit Ghosting And Lens Flare
Furthermore, a Nano AR coating has been applied to:
- Limit ghosting;
- And lens flare.
For amplified contrast and colour fidelity when working in strong lighting circumstances.
Quick And Felxible
A quick and flexible wide-angle cine zoom,
this flagship FE C 16-35mm T/3.1 G E-Mount Lens from Sony is:
- A wide-angle zoom;
- Intended for full-frame E-mount cinema cameras.
Reliable Performance Throughout The Zoom Range
Famous for it’s continuous T3.1 aperture, this lens gives you:
- Reliable performance throughout the zoom range;
- And aids you when working in low-light circumstances.
The lens can:
- Zoom manually;
- Or it includes a separable servo unit which can help produce dramatic quick or slow zooms effortlessly;
- Or it can be controlled by the camera’s handle or an external grip zoom.
The FE C 16-35 features accurate cine design with its:
- 0.8 MOD gear;
- And 114mm lens diameter to fit typical cine follow focus and matte box rigs.