Why Choose Sonnet Tech For 10Gb Ethernet Networking
- They are the 10Gb Ethernet Experts
- Provide Adapters for both Thunderbolt 2 and Thunderbolt 3 Computers
- Have Thunderbolt and PCIe Card Adapter Options
- Include SFP+ (Optical) Adapters
- Single- and Dual-port 10GbE Adapters
- One Provider – Every 10GbE Option
Safe And Secure
As a networked channel into your computer, the Sonnet Solo10G was intended with vital security features. Integrating encryption in hardware, the Sonnet adapter is protected from malicious alteration of its firmware. Any unofficial effort at firmware alteration to enable sneaky computer access would render the adapter unworkable. This secure design stops the Solo10G adapter firmware from being reprogrammed excepting manufacturer updates utilising a protected encryption key.
A USB-C That Does Everything
Solo10G (Thunderbolt 3 Edition) features a 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 Interface that links to any Thunderbolt 3 computer port or at the end of a Thunderbolt 3 device daisy chain.
NBASE-T Support For Quicker Transmissions
If your facility has Cat 5e wiring fitted already, you can still get an excellent performance gain, from 250 to 500 percent over Gigabit Ethernet speed, without rewiring! The Solo10G adapter supports the NBASE-T™ industry-standard of 2.5/5 Gb link speeds, which allows greater than Gigabit Ethernet speeds over Cat 5e (or better) cabling when used with an NBASE-T compatible (multi-Gigabit) switch or router. Now you can install the same adapter across your group for users maintained by diverse Ethernet cabling infrastructures.
Innovative Features, Smart Operation
The Solo10G (Thunderbolt 3 Edition) adapter achieves its high throughput performance and low host-CPU operation through functions such as flow control, 64-bit address support for systems utilising more than 4GB of physical memory and stateless offloads such as TCP, UDP and IPv4 checksum offloading. These procedures allow your computer to achieve better results while large file transfers or high I/O operations take place. This Sonnet adapter supports Energy-Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az), which decreases the adapter’s power strains on your computer.
Audio Video Bridging (IEEE 802.1Qav, AVB) support makes the adapter seamless for utilisation in pro audio and video applications where harmonisation of data streams is important.
Attach the Solo10G adapter to your computer and the adapter to the network switch or directly to 10GbE-enabled storage and then construct the adapter’s settings through the macOS Network control panel, Windows Device Manager or Linux command line (or graphical utility). It’s that easy!
Quiet, Transportable & Bus-Powered
The Solo10G is transportable —measuring just 7.8 cms wide by 11.4 cms deep by 2.8 cms tall —and bus-powered to allow really transportable utilisation without a power adapter. Wrapping the newest technologies in a strong aluminum case, Sonnet intended a cool-running adapter that doesn’t need a fan, permitting quiet and energy-efficient operation.
Tech Support Free For A Lifetime
Sonnet was established in Irvine, California in 1986. Since then, they’ve established and brought to market many ground-breaking and high-quality products that improve the performance and connectivity of Mac, Windows and other industry-standard computers. Many of their employees (including engineers) have been with the company for more than 20 years (some have been there since the commencement). They have a wealth of knowledge about their current and past products. Should you ever need technical support on one of their products, contact them and they’ll be around to help you.
Attach To 10GbE Infrastructure
The Solo10G adapter is fortified with a single RJ45 socket, allowing it to attach to 10GbE infrastructure via low-cost Cat 6 or Cat 6A copper cabling at distances up to 55 or 100 metres, respectively.
Solo10G (Thunderbolt 3 Edition)
10GBASE-T Thunderbolt 3 to 10 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter with NBASE-T Support, blazing-fast 10GBASE-T Connectivity at a Breakthrough Price. As network bandwidth stresses for post-production and shared storage workflows have amplified, 10Gb Ethernet has become the new data transfer standard. Very inexpensive 10Gb Ethernet switches have meaningfully decreased the cost of setting up a 10GbE infrastructure, resulting in very swift adoption. Now, for computers with a Thunderbolt 3 port, there is an similarly inexpensive Thunderbolt to 10Gb Ethernet adapter —Sonnet’s Solo10G (Thunderbolt 3 Edition) adapter, a powerfully simple solution for adding lightning-quick 10GBASE-T 10GbE network connectivity to any Mac®, Windows® or Linux® computer with Thunderbolt 3 ports.
- Tough Construction: Aluminum enclosure withstands heavy use
- Simple Setup: Configure the adapter’s settings utilising operating system tools
- 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 Interface: Attaches to any Thunderbolt 3 computer port or at the end of a Thunderbolt 3 device daisy chain
- Bus-Powered, Energy Effective: Powered through its Thunderbolt connection, the Solo10G requires no power adapter
- Innovative Features: Audio Video Bridging (IEEE 802.1Qav, AVB) and Energy-Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) supported
- Cost-Effective: Low-cost adapter attaches to 10GbE infrastructure via low-cost Cat 6 or Cat 6A cables at distances up to 55 or 100 metres, respectively
- Small And Quiet: Adapter is pocketable and utilises no fan, seamless for utilisation in noise-sensitive environments
- Supports NBASE-T Standard: 5 Gb/s and 2.5 Gb/s speeds supported over low-cost Cat 5e (or better) cabling at distances up to 100 metres when utilised with a multi-Gigabit switch or router.
- Adds 10GBASE-T 10GbE Connectivity: Adds an RJ45 10 Gigabit Ethernet port to your computer with Thunderbolt 3 ports.