A Captive Cable That Is Replaceable
Armed with a captive cable, the Solo10G connecter’s Thunderbolt adapter remains decisively linked to it at all times short of it being soldered in place. Should the cable ever break, it can effortlessly be substituted with an appropriate standby cable obtainable from Sonnet or a Sonnet-approved re-seller.
Security Is Important
The Solo10G (Thunderbolt 2 Edition) connector was planned with security features vital to today’s users. Integrating encryption in hardware, the Sonnet network connector is protected against nasty firmware alteration which could allow hidden computer admittance. As an alternative, any unofficial effort to alter the firmware renders the connector unworkable. These security features avert the Solo10G connector from being reprogrammed, excepting by a manufacturer’s update using a protected encryption key.
Thunderbolt 2 Interface
Solo10G (Thunderbolt 2 Edition) features a 20Gbps Thunderbolt 2 Interface that links to any Thunderbolt 2 computer port or at the end of a Thunderbolt 2 device daisy chain.
For Quicker Transmissions
If your facility has Cat 5e cabling fitted now, you can still get a great performance improvement. From 250 to 500 percent over Gigabit Ethernet speed without rewiring! The Solo10G connector supports the NBASE-T™ industry-standard of 2.5/5 Gb link speeds, which allows better than Gigabit Ethernet speeds over Cat 5e cabling when utilised with an NBASE-T companionable (multi-Gigabit) switch or router. Now you can install the same connector across your group for users maintained by diverse Ethernet cabling set-ups.
Innovative Features, Smart Operation
The Solo10G (Thunderbolt 2 Edition) connector reaches its high throughput performance and low host-CPU use through functions such as:
- Using more than 4GB of physical memory
- 64-bit address support for systems
- Flow control
- Stateless offloads such as TCP, UDP and IPv4 checksum offloading
These procedures allow your computer to perform better while big files transmissions or high I/O processes take place. This Sonnet connector provisions Energy-Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az), which decreases the connector’s power demands on your computer.
Audio Video Bridging (IEEE 802.1Qav, AVB) support makes the connector seamless for utilisation in pro audio and video applications where harmonisation of data streams is important.
Setup Is Easy
Attach the Solo10G connector to your computer and the device to the network switch or directly to 10GbE-enabled storage and then arrange the adaptor’s settings through the Linux command line (or graphical utility), Windows Device Manager or macOS Network control panel.
Quiet. Small. Bus-Powered.
The Solo10G is pocketable, measuring just 7.9 cms wide by 11.4 cms deep by 2.8 cms tall and bus-powered to allow really transportable usage short of a power adaptor. Wrapping the latest technologies in a rugged aluminum case, Sonnet planned a cool-running connector that doesn’t need a fan, permitting silent and energy-efficient operation.
Lifetime Tech Support
Sonnet was established in Irvine, California in 1986. Since then, they’ve forged and taken to market many ground-breaking and high-quality products that improve the performance and connectivity of Windows, Mac and other industry-standard computers. Many of their employees (including engineers) have been with the company for more than two decades and some have even been there since the foundation. They have an affluence of familiarity about current and past products. Should you ever need technical support on one of their products, contact them and they’ll be there to help you.
Attach To 10GbE Infrastructure
Armed with a single RJ45 socket, the Solo10G adapter connects to 10GbE infrastructure via low-cost Cat 6 or Cat 6A copper cabling at distances up to 55 or 100 metres, respectively. It is also the lowest-priced Thunderbolt 2 10GbE connecter offered. Video content creation and output has moved on from 1080p HD to 4K and beyond, ushering in 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) as the new networking norm for post-production shared storage work-groups and other bandwidth-intensive workflows. On the arrangement side, low-priced 10GbE switches with RJ45 (copper) have cut the cost of set-up, resulting in very speedy acceptance. The problem is, most computers aren’t prepared to get you linked. For computers with a Thunderbolt™ 2 port, there is now an similarly inexpensive 10GbE connecter, Sonnet’s Solo10G™ (Thunderbolt 2 Edition), a powerfully straight forward solution for adding 10GBASE-T 10GbE network connectivity to Mac® and Windows®(1) or Linux® computers with Thunderbolt 2 ports.
Why Choose Sonnet For 10Gb Ethernet Networking?
- They are 10Gb Ethernet Experts
- Connectors for both Thunderbolt 2 and Thunderbolt 3 Computers
- Thunderbolt and PCIe Card Connecter Possibilities
- SFP+ (Optical) Connecters
- Single- and Dual-port 10GbE Connecters
- One Provider – All 10GbE Possibilities
- Rugged Construction: Aluminum enclosure withstands heavy use.
- Bus-Powered, Energy Efficient: Powered through its Thunderbolt connection, the Solo10G needs no power adapter.
- Small And Quiet: The adapter is pocketable and doesn’t need a fan, ideal for utilisation in noise-sensitive environments.
- Setup Is Easy: Arrange the adapter’s settings utilising operating system tools.
- Advanced Features: Audio Video Bridging (IEEE 802.1Qav, AVB) and Energy-Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) supported.
- Supports NBASE-T (Multi-Gigabit) Standard: 5 Gb/s and 2.5 Gb/s speeds reinforced over low-cost Cat 5e (or better) cabling at distances up to 100 metres when utilised with a multi-Gigabit switch or router.
- 20Gbps Thunderbolt 2 Interface: Attaches to any Thunderbolt 2 computer port or at the end of a Thunderbolt 2 device daisy chain.
- Cost-Effective: Low-cost adapter connects to 10GbE set-up via low-cost Cat 6 or Cat 6A cables at distances up to 55 or 100 metres, respectively.
- Adds 10GBASE-T (Copper) 10GbE Connectivity: Adds an RJ45 10 Gigabit Ethernet port to your computer with Thunderbolt 2 ports.