Status At A Glance
The updated RackMac mini comprises dual power/status indicator openings for each computer, permitting its light to shine through whether you’ve installed an older model or the latest.
Cool As A Cucumber
RackMac mini safeguards your Mac minis without trapping them in recirculating hot rack air. A tactically planned chamber guides cool air in a one-way path through front panel openings to the computers’ air intakes and then out the back. It now has twice the air space to offer proper thermal support for the latest Mac mini. In a single Mac mini configuration, the Sonnet solution’s air dam and purposefully placed seals help keep air from circulating in the vacant computer bay. Whether you install one or two Mac minis, RackMac mini foils re-circulation of hot air around the computers to keep the ambient temperature chill and functioning reliably.
Ready For Road Trips
Do you need to take your mini on the road? The RackMac mini is the ideal travel solution. It has an 8.25-inch mounting depth, plus firm rubber cushions that firmly hold your computers in place during transport. This makes RackMac mini perfect for utilisation in molded cases such as those from Gator Cases. The RackMac mini’s design also permits typical WiFi and Bluetooth wireless operation in most configurations (depending on rack type and position in rack), so you can use iOS® device control apps.
Updated With Larger Openings To Support Proper Cooling Of 2018 6-Core Mac minis
The enclosure’s design, which has been updated to appropriately support 2018 6-core Mac mini models, achieves airflow through the computers to keep them as cool as ambient air in the rack as on a desk, allowing you to stack them close and stack them high for a Mac mini server farm.
Rack ’Em Up!
Built with rugged steel, the RackMac mini is a fully-assembled rackmount solution that supports one or two Mac mini® computers installed side-by-side into 1U of rack space, placing the computers behind a neat front panel. Mac minis are great general-purpose computers and make sweet servers for many applications. However, assimilating them into a rack poses some trials.
- Can you plug in a thumb drive for a quick update?
- How do you turn them on without pulling them out of the rack?
- Can you keep them cool?
- How do you securely mount the minis?
Sonnet’s RackMac mini solves all these problems and more!
The RackMac mini provides front panel access to each Mac mini’s power switch and one of its USB-A ports, allowing you to switch each computer on and off and connect a keyboard, mouse, USB drive or other USB device.
- Open Cable Access — Allows you to connect and disconnect cables easily.
- Power Status At A Glance — Front panel openings permit viewing of computers’ power/status indicator LEDs.
- Road Trip Ready — 8.25-inch mounting depth plus firm rubber cushions that hold the computers securely in place during transport make RackMac mini ideal for use in portable racks and molded cases.
- Front Panel Operation — Front panel power buttons allow operation of the computer’s rear-mounted power switches; USB 3.0 ports allow connection of a USB peripheral (keyboard, mouse, thumb drive, etc.) to each computer.
- Manages Airflow Front-To-Back — Directs airflow through each computer to keep them ambient temperature chill, even when mounted amongst two other rack mounted components.
- Ideal For Usage In Server Rooms — 1U height and typical mounting holes allow simple installation into any typical equipment rack.
- Rackmount Solution For Mac mini — Safeguards one or two minis inside a rugged steel 1U enclosure.