The Rode VideoMic NTG Is The Swiss Army Knife Of Microphones
The Rode VideoMic NTG is so much more than simply an on-camera microphone.
- Integrated cable management;
- Sliding cold shoe rail;
- And high-quality shock mounting.
It’s effortlessly at home on top of any:
- Or DSLR camera.
But it’s also light and small enough for utilisation with:
- Small cameras;
- And smartphone rigs.
It is also robust enough to be utilised on a pistol grip or boom pole on-location and it can be utilised as a USB mic on a desktop computer.
This cutting edge microphone is packed with many features.
The Rode VideoMic NTG is a do-it-all, Swiss Army Knife microphone that is competent at handling whatever you throw at it.
The Rode VideoMic NTG is also a complete and full-featured USB microphone.
Its class-compliant USB-C output permits operators to plug right into a:
- Or computer.
Transforming it into a studio-quality desktop USB microphone, ideal for:
- And voice-overs.
But wait, there’s more…
headphones can be plugged into the 3.5mm output for unified monitoring of audio while utilising the USB output.
The headphone level can also be corrected by the adjustable gain control.
This also suggests that the Rode VideoMic NTG can be utilised as a desktop headphone amp!
The Most Feature-Filled Rode VideoMic Yet
Building on innovative developments made with the Rode VideoMic Pro+,
the Rode VideoMic NTG serves up an assortment of formidable tools to make sure that operators can effortlessly acclimatise to every recording situation.
These comprise a switchable high-pass filter (at 75Hz or 150Hz) to reduce problematic low frequencies from:
- Air conditioners;
- And other environmental noise.
There’s a switchable -20dB pad for recording especially loud sound sources.
And for additional safety, a switchable security channel that records a separate channel at -0dB in case the core channel clips
– an unequivocal lifesaver.
The distinctive considerably variable gain control on the rear of the mic permits operators to accurately fit the output level to their recording device.
This is an active control that has a better output range than every other microphone on the market
– it can provide everything from mic level signal all the way to a headphone level output, offering amazing adaptability and enhancing DSLR sound quality.
An auto-power function automatically turns the mic on when the camera is switched on, making sure that it’s ready to record at all times.
This also assists in conserving battery life by turning the mic off when it’s disconnected or the camera is turned off.
Speaking of battery life, the Rode VideoMic NTG includes a rechargeable lithium-ion battery that offers 30+ hours of recording
– more than sufficient for the most challenging shoots.
This is charged via USB-C (empty to full in two hours), signifying that uninterrupted recording is feasible with a power pack.
On top of these features, an auto-sensing 3.5mm output cleverly shifts between TRS and TRRS to adapt to both cameras and mobile devices
– so there is no requirement for adaptor cables!
Finally, a useful dB peak alert light shows when the internal pre-amp is clipping
– this is especially helpful when recording loud sound sources.
In these circumstances, the -20dB pad can be swiftly engaged to mitigate the incoming signal.
VideoMic Size But With Shotgun Sound
The Rode VideoMic NTG features the same annular line tube technology as the Rode NTG5,
Rode’s new broadcast shotgun mic, which uses acoustic perforations along the length of the microphone in place of the linear slots found in other shotguns
and on-camera microphones.
This innovative acoustic design provides unparalleled transparency and an uncoloured, natural sound.
Add to this an extremely flat frequency response, highly directional supercardioid polar pattern and very low self-noise.
And what you have is a small on-camera mic that competes with the world’s best shotgun mics.
Simply put, It sounds spectacular.
What Is The Rode VideoMic NTG?
The Rode VideoMic NTG is a fusion microphone that gives you the signature broadcast-quality sound of Rode’s NTG shotgun range
to a small, feature-filled VideoMic.
This is the next phase in the VideoMic story, merging decades of research and development of high-quality mics for professional filmmakers
and broadcasters with a profound knowledge of the needs and wants of the modern content creator.
With the Rode VideoMic NTG, Rode have once again redefined what on-camera microphones can accomplish.
Presenting the newest addition to Rode’s best-selling VideoMic range, the Rode VideoMic NTG.
Announced fresh off the back of the Rode NTG5, which set a new benchmark for broadcast shotgun microphones,
the Rode VideoMic NTG is yet another gamechanger from Rode
– an amazing-sounding, extremely versatile on-camera shotgun mic better than everything else out there.
Rode VideoMics are the original and greatest.
Rode founded the small on-camera mic market segment with the release of the very first Rode VideoMic in 2004;
have become the go-to for filmmakers of all types.
Today, when creators think of video mics, they think of Rode.
Key Features Of The Rode VideoMic NTG
- Light (just 94g) and robust – aerospace-grade aluminium build.
- High-quality Rycote® Lyre® shock mounting with cable management, plus a sliding rail mount to adapt mic positioning on a camera cold shoe.
- In-built rechargeable lithium-ion battery offers 30+ hours of recording – more than sufficient for the most demanding shoots. Charges via USB-C in just 2 hours.
- Digital switching – controls high-pass filter, – 20dB pad, high frequency boost, and safety channel.
- Headphone output – for smooth audio monitoring (while utilising the USB output).
- USB output – turns the Rode VideoMic NTG into a fully-featured USB microphone that can record direct to a smartphone, tablet or computer.
- Auto-sensing 3.5mm output automatically shifts between TRS and TRRS to adapt to both cameras (TRS) and mobile devices (TRRS) – no necessity for adaptor cables.
- Distinctive considerably adjustable gain control, permitting the operator to accurately adapt the mic’s output, from mic level to line level to headphone level.
- Very directional supercardioid polar pattern and very flat frequency response – it sounds terrific in a broad variety of content creation, broadcast and filmmaking applications.
- Innovative acoustic design – first introduced with the NTG5 – which provides unparalleled acoustic transparency and an uncoloured, natural sound.
- dB peak warning light – to ensure distortion-free audio.