Record Using Multiple Cameras
The Panasonic AG-CX350 4K Professional Video Camera’s TC In/Out terminal (BNC) permits synchronisation for shooting on multiple cameras.
Professional Audio Options
Provisions two channels of audio recording from the built-in stereo mic or 2 XLR audio inputs (48V phantom power, Mic and Line are switchable). In MOV mode the camcorder provisions 24-bit linear PCM audio.
Other professional features include the OSD level meter and 1 kHz test tone output when the colour bar is shown in 59.94 Hz (when 50 Hz is designated, the test tone is 997 Hz).
Concurrent SDI & HDMI Out
Panasonic AG-CX350 4K Pro Camera provisions concurrent output of HDMI and SDI with HDMI up to UHD and SDI to FHD video. Both at 4:2:2 10-bit.
Smartphone/Tablet Enabled Wireless Control
The CX ROP app for iOS/Android permits the following;
- User SW 1~9
- Timecode/user’s bit setting
- Paint (painting gain, painting black)
- Master pedestal
- White balance
- Camera recorder output signal select (camera/colour bars)
- Camera Rec start/stop
- Camera recorder info display/control user’s button
High-image value FHD streaming short of a PC or an encoder unit. During streaming, UHD/FHD video can be recorded to SD cards in the camera body.
Enhanced Network Connectivity
The Panasonic AG-CX350 4K Professional Video Camera has pre-installed support of NDI, which offers;
- Camera control & tally
- Ultra-low latency
- Built-in support for NDI via NDI|HX
- Auto discovery & simplicity of use
The AG-CX350 utilises typical streaming protocols. Utilising an available AJ-WM30 USB dongle, you can attach the camera to a Wi-Fi network and transfer files to an FTP server. Obtainable third-party dongles will permit 4G/LTE connectivity.
The camera features an Ethernet port that permits you to link it straight to a LAN (circumventing the requirement for a computer) and transfer your files to an FTP server with a global IP address. You can also utilise this port for wired streaming.
The twin SD media slots allow you to select from the following recording arrangements;
- Background recording – Starts both cards recording concurrently but the run/stop button will pause the recording on one card.
- Concurrent Recording – Both cards record the same material at the same time.
- Relay Recording – As one card fills up, the recording robotically shifts to the second card so you don’t have to stop recording.
Media For Recording
The Panasonic AG-CX350 4K Professional Video Camera features SD card slots, providing you with an extensive choice of media to select from, all sold distinctly. If you now have P2 cards, the camcorder is companionable with them with a qualification. The Panasonic AG-CX350 4K Professional Video Camera can record onto a microP2 card as an SD card however please be aware that;
- microP2 card B series (AJ-P2M064B) is documented as Speed Class V90 for all formats
- microP2 card A series 32GB card (AJ-P2M32A) is documented as Speed Class 4 for AVCHD only
- microP2 card A series 64GB card (AJ-P2M064A) when utilised as an SD card is documented as Speed Class 10
Adjustable Frame Rates
The camera records at typical speeds—23.98, 25, 29.97, 50, 59.94. It also records at adjustable frame rates in both UHD and HD – From 1 to 60 fps in UHD & 1 to 120 fps in HD.
The 20x optical zoom lens has a 35mm focal length comparable to 24.5 to 490mm. 24.5 is a tremendously widespread angle for a UHD camcorder.
It features 5-Axis Hybrid Image Stabilisation in both 4K and HD, which can be valuable when hand-holding the camcorder. The lens also features distinct lens control rings for Iris, Focus and Zoom. This permits manual control of your lens (in addition to servo), comparable to the control you get on full-sized shoulder-mounted cameras.
Extra features of the lens –
- The lens is manageable from third-party wired devices and also from iOS and Android tablets.
- It uses smart autofocus with subject tracking
- Offers a custom AF function – The autofocus speed can be set in 7 steps, the sensitivity can be set in 10 steps and the AF range can be adjusted.
- Delivers 16-axis colour control of your image with three skin-tone controls so you can segregate and fine-tune your colours accurately and guard your skin tones.
- You can elect to output HDR over the 3G-SDI or HDMI output either separately or concurrently.
- Eight user-selectable gamma modes – HLG for HDR recording, Film-Rec, Filmlike 3, Filmlike 2, Filmlike 1, Video-Rec, SD and HD.
The 1″ MOS sensor features 15MP resolution, effortlessly supporting UHD with its inherent resolution of 5170 x 2908.
You can select from 59.94 or 50 Hz as the signal system for the camera. This is valuable as it permits you to shoot in different countries with little concern over flickering lights. Unified into the camera is a 20x optical zoom lens with 32x intelligent zoom.
The camera features an OLED EVF and a 3.2″ LCD touchscreen monitor and it has a built-in stereo mic and two XLR audio connectors. Other connectors include – both 3G-SDI and HDMI out (HDMI supports UHD) and Timecode in/out, as well as USB 3.0, USB 2.0 and an Ethernet port for linking to a network or for wired streaming. A discretionary USB wireless adaptor permits you to stream wirelessly.
The Panasonic AG-CX350 4K Professional Video Camera is intended for what Panasonic is calling the blending of communication and broadcasting. A compacted professional UHD 4K camcorder packed with features that you would assume to find in a full-sized camcorder.
The Panasonic AG-CX350 4K Professional Video Camera features a 1″ MOS sensor recording in;
- UHD resolution (3840 x 2160)
- In the MOV format utilising a diversity of data rates including 400 Mb/s
- In HEVC at up to 200 Mb/s
The camcorder can also record HD in MOV, as well as HD/SD in AVCHD format for legacy productions.
You can select from 8 diverse gamma settings including HLG, which provides an HDR output in the camera. It also features adjustable frame rate aptitude from 1 to 60 fps in UHD and 1 to 120 fps in HD.
Recording is to twin SD card slots, which provides for concurrent relay and background recording.