It is compatible with Windows 10 and MacOS 10.12 and comes formatted as HFS+ for Mac and configured as hardware-controlled RAID 0, which provides performance gains, but no data redundancy. Also supported is RAID 1 and JBOD.
The back of the unit has two 40 Gb/s Thunderbolt 3 ports and one 5 Gb/s USB 3.0 Type-C port, all of which allow you to interface with your host system at speeds up to 440 MB/s. The Thunderbolt 3 interface can also be used to connect two 4K displays or one 5K display, as well as daisy-chain up to five additional Thunderbolt 3 peripherals together.
- 20TB Capacity (2 x 10TB Hard Drives)
- 2 x Thunderbolt 3 | 1 x USB 3.0 Type-C
- 1 x USB 3.0 Type-A | 1 x DisplayPort
- CompactFlash & SD Card Slots
- Supports RAID 0, 1, and JBOD
- Pre-Configured as HFS+ RAID 0
- Hardware RAID Controller
- Includes 5-Year Data Recovery Services
- Up to 27W of Power for Laptop Charging
- Windows & Mac Compatible
The LaCie 20TB 2big Thunderbolt 3 Dock includes a Thunderbolt 3 / USB Type-C cable and an external power supply. If you want to use this dock with your USB 3.0 Type-A system, a USB 3.0 Type-C to Type-A cable is also included. Protection is provided by a limited 5-year warranty.