Saves You Time By Letting You Make Choices On The Fly
The Atomos Neon HDR Cinema Display Monitor-Recorder saves you time by letting you make more choices in the instant of:
The Atomos Neon brings together traditional film-making roles, pairing it with Atomos innovation and technology – giving you a whole new experience.
An On-Set Computer Replacement Merged With An Ecosystem Of Field Monitors
With the Atomos Neon you get an on-set computer replacement, merged with an ecosystem of field monitors that will:
- Combine RAW footage with cinema display technology for monitoring, on-screen production checking and review of creative intent.
- Improve story flow and matching of continuity between scenes.
- Streamline the artistic workflow from lens to viewing.
- Do real-time Dolby Vision processing to allow down-stream viewing on any Dolby Vision capable TV or monitor.
The Atomos Neon HDR Cinema Display has accepted industry standard formats like ProRes RAW, from major camera makers, enabling the performance of ProRes and the flexibility of RAW into cinema productions. It is built for computer finishing.
You need the Atomos Neon because:
- It is dependable and trustworthy as a series of precision on-set and in-studio 4K HDR monitor-recorder production workhorses.
- Reliability of image is important among crew members. The Atomos Neon offers correctness of image representation all controlled by the Atomos App.
- It allows cinematographers to maintain exposure and a creative look.
Re-Imagine The Role Of The Reference Monitor To Meet The HDR Challenges Of Modern TV And Film Production
Who is the Atomos Neon HDR Cinema Display for?
- Cinematographers who want to preserve exposure and artistic look. The Atomos Neon’s best-in-class 512 zoned dynamic back light displays provide a calibrated 4KDCI 180-degree perfect viewing, 10-bit DCI-P3 100% colour coverage and 1,000,000:1 HDR-ready contrast.
- Directors who want to make more inspired on-set decisions, observing perfect images in television and cinema standards every time.
- Editors and colour graders who want to lock down the director’s original intent from shot to shot, frame by frame and review it across varying displays from SDR to HDR – precisely in real-time. With the built-in 4Kp60/HDp240 Apple ProRes RAW recorder capturing each take, the Atomos Neon HDR Cinema Display enables rapid review and real-time play out with Dolby Vision to reality test content on domestic TVs.
Four Sizes For Flexibility In Any Production
The Atomos Neon comes in four sizes (17”, 24”, 31”, 55”) that can be synced together to deliver an ecosystem of field reference monitors.
They also work with other Atomos products such as;
- Shinobi SDI
- Ninja V
- Shogun 7
- Sumo 19
The Atomos Neon HDR Cinema Display allows you the flexibility of employing your Atomos on low budget productions with;
- HDMI 10-bit uncompressed video cameras
- Up to 12G-SDI 12-Bit, 4Kp60 RAW from the best cinema cameras in the world
You get cinema production at a portion of the cost of other current approaches where HDR monitoring differs from crew member to crew member.
Use cases include;
- Cinema And Episodic TV Production
- Live On-Set TV
- Live Event Production
- Indie Film Making
Cinema And Episodic TV Production
Capture Online Quality Whilst Also Assimilating To Workflows
Directors and cinematographers can capture online quality of ProRes RAW recording at the same time assimilating into the ARRI workflows.
The Atomos field monitor ecosystem is an online dynamo and offline mainstay to speed up the time from inkling to ultimate showing.
Atomos Neon bring the certainty of the recorded image to your entire crew including;
- Camera operators
- Focus pullers
- Make up and sound technicians
- Editors and colour graders
What You See On-Set Is What You Get In The Editing Suite
Directors can label takes while revising material on-set which the Editor can pick up after importing into an NLE and can be assured that what they saw on-set will look identical when they get to the edit suite.
A Dolby Vision compatible monitor can also be reviewed when output from an Atomos Neon.
This lets directors and producers see a shot as it would be viewed in the living room of their audience.
Alternatively, directors can record at a lesser bitrate offline quality on a Atomos Neon.
This will allow you to record over 20 hours of footage in ProRes/DNx/H.265, on an SSD (while the ARRI is recording online quality).
This gives the Director sufficient integrity to check shots at after each take or to do swift test edits on-set which avoids costly re-shoots.
Live On-Set TV Production
The Atomos field monitor ecosystem allows you to:
- Monitor any camera
- Record any camera
- Replay onscreen
- Output to any TV in HDR
It also allows:
- Directors to analyse multi-cam setups camera by camera by linking a Sumo 19, which permits 4 x ISO asynchronous streams to be recorded in real-time, to a bigger Neon reference monitor for high-quality HDR monitoring.
- Producers to also take the matching feed and preview the program stream on a Neon 31 or 55, to feel assured that every detail is recorded to the equivalent format ready for final finishing.
- Directors to label takes while revising footage on-set which the Editor can pick up after importing into an NLE.
A Dolby Vision compatible monitor can also be revised when output from a Neon to let directors and producers see a shot as it would be seen in the living room of their audience.
Live Event Production
Atomos has shaped the most transportable and light-weight live event production suite of combined monitor-recorders-switchers.
The live switching capability is ideal for any event including;
- School or Church Productions
Production teams can take a mixture of up to 4 live cameras on-site, whether:
- Cinema cameras
…and live-switch among them.
- Directors can use the Shogun 7 with its precision HDR zone back lit monitor to control their storytelling while they are close-up to the action.
- Producers can view the program stream via a Neon 24, with the same zone back light technology.
- Camera Operators can use a Shinobi SDI or Ninja to ensure they are getting the shots, exactly as the director will see them.
Indie Film Making
Independent film makers can couple Neon with Atomos on-camera monitor-recorders, riding onto DSLR, Mirrorless or Cinema cameras to record high-quality ProRes RAW footage, synced and recorded on all Neon monitors.
Ninja V with an AtomX Sync Expansion Module connected can also be synced to the Neon ecosystem.
- Directors can rapidly check the take and label the ones they like for final edit.
- Editors can import the ProRes RAW footage into their NLE and quickly assemble the go-takes to make a rough cut of the story and take the work to final finishing.
Use The App To Access Instantaneous Production Tools
The Atomos Neon HDR Cinema Display has the simple-to-use AtomOS built into it.
So you can use the App to access instantaneous production tools including;
- Focus peaking
- Waveform monitor
- RGB monitor
- Vector scope
- LUT selection
Atomos Neon purposely does not use touchscreen operation and is Bluetooth controlled by the Atomos iOS App or a physical remote control precisely for this reason.
Cuts The Gap Between Capture & Final Edit
The Atomos Neon HDR Cinema Display cuts the gap between capture and final edit, with real-time recording and playback of your captured shots at up to 4Kp60 in formats including ProRes, ProRes RAW, Cinema DNG & Avid DNx.
Tag the take you like with the App for easy documentation during editing.
The App unlocks the capacity to insert project explicit meta-data frame-by-frame, permitting project management of a complex production to be simplified.
It’s automated so that the creator can focus on their creative storytelling enhancements.
Ensure Your HDR Footage Always Looks As You Intended
The Atomos Neon HDR Cinema Display guarantees that HDR footage constantly looks – as it was envisioned by the creator.
This is a valuable on-set reference check for the creative director and client.
The challenge with HDR production is preserving the creative intent of the production at the time of shooting VS the finished product that is seen on devices and TVs.
Atomos and Dolby have joined forces to give you Dolby Vision live HDMI out, in real-time, from any SDI or HDMI HDR camera.
All courtesy of AtomOS.
Just link your Dolby Vision capable TV or monitor to your Neon and amazingly, the AtomOS;
- Evaluates the image
- Queries the TV
- Applies the right colour & brightness profiles for the best probable HDR image on the display or TV
This function is also accessible in playback and play out from RAW and Log recorded ProRes RAW, ProRes and DNx rushes for instant time-saving, on-set and in-studio review.
Utilise playback features like;
- Slow-motion functions
- Re-arranging rushes for review & scheduling
Recording Control Has Never Been Easier For Any Production With A Multi Camera Setup
If you have additional Atomos Neons in your production, you can flawlessly sync them asynchronously together using the Atomos iOS App.
Merely pair the Atomos Neon HDR Cinema Displays through the App and select all the monitors you wish to sync.
You can also sync the Neons to any Atomos Ninja V using an AtomX Sync Module attached.
Meta-data is taken for the complete production in each file recorded, evading the necessity for a sidecar file.
At the end of filming, take each Atomos Neon’s SSD with the captured footage and meta-data, and import into your editing suite ready to go.
The Most Complete Window Into Your Image
Atomos Neon HDR Cinema Displays offer the most complete window into your image, truly changing the way you produce visually.
Atomos Neon brings dynamic zone back light technology to the full range of Neons, powered by the Atomos Dynamic AtomHDR innovations.
With the Neon series:
- Blacks and colours are rich and deep
- Images appear to ‘pop’ with extra dimension and detail
Neon’s daylight viewable, anti-reflection display produces a contrast ratio from one to a million gradations on discreet parts of the image.
The precision Atomos display uses a unique blend of advanced LED and LCD technologies, which together offer deeper, better blacks than competing OLED screens, but with the much higher brightness and vivid colour performance of top-end LCDs.
Objects appear more life-like than ever, with intricate textures and gradations attractively revealed.
Up-Gradable As Newer Functionality & Technology Becomes Available
Atomos Neon HDR Cinema Displays are future-proofed. Designed with the Master Control Unit, a replaceable brain allows for upgrade-ability as newer functionality and technology becomes normal.
The Master Control Unit is available in two sizes – 4K capture and 8K capture. Capture technology moves forward quickly, so your asset shouldn’t be locked into older formats and functionality.
Full Flexibility When It Comes To Your Production Environment
The Atomos Neon HDR Cinema Displays afford you full flexibility when it comes to the production environment you are operating in. This is because the Master Control Unit is compatible with the AtomX expansion units that provide SDI and NDI connectivity, on top of the usual HDMI connectivity that comes with NEON.
The Ideal Combination For HDR Workflows
ProRes RAW combines the flexibility of RAW video with the amazing performance of ProRes. Capturing ProRes RAW video with the Neon unlocks the true potential of your RAW cinema camera and provides complete control of your video image, at the highest quality possible.
Import, edit and grade pristine video, with RAW information straight from your camera sensor, without slowing down your edit. These RAW files offer maximum flexibility for changing the look of your video, while extending brightness & shadow detail.
Neon preserves your content’s maximum dynamic range, colour accuracy and detail. Colours can be effortlessly coordinated and the extra information means footage can be rapidly manipulated in post-production, which is particularly valuable for grading and VFX shots.
In addition to ProRes RAW, Neon supports;
- Avid DNx via HDMI
Capture from any HDMI or SDI source including cameras from;
Endure The Most Extreme Production Situations
The Neon can endure the most extreme production situations with its tough aluminium chassis and poly-carbonate back plate, affording protection from irregular treatment.
Neon 17, 24 and 31 additionally come in their own road case providing peace of mind that the next time you want it, it’s prepared for the job.
Flexible Mounting Options
No matter how you like to view your images, the Atomos Neon comes with flexible mounting options for any production including;
- Arri standard edge mounting points
- VESA mount
- Feet for floor or desk viewing
The Neon 17 are also designed to be rack ready and will fit seamlessly into any rack environment.