An RS-422 port permits control of tape decks for frame precise captures and layoffs.
Sync It Up
AJA Io 4K Plus can be locked to a peripheral reference for assimilation into bigger productions
or feed LTC in and out to make sure footage captured with AJA Io 4K has the proper timecode.
Augmented Reality Support With Unreal Engine 4.22
Capture real time footage with AJA Io 4K Plus over SDI from high quality cameras,
combine your footage with your virtual ecosystem designed by the Unreal Engine
and send it back out in real time to air – an increasing requirement for:
- Augmented reality (AR) needs;
- And more.
Digital film makers also gain with these new workflows:
On set, improve your live action VFX work with the capability to see a complete composite live for the duration of the shoot.
This results in less reshoots,
the capability for actors to comprehend the virtual world they are working inside for stronger performances
and eventually leads to a range of proficiencies
and cost savings
with the added advantage of a smoother transition into post production.
Unified Digital Audio, Analog Audio Adaptability
Entrenched 16-Channel SDI and 8-Channel HDMI audio are endorsed
as well as analog audio inputs, outputs
or both via a typical DB-25 connection.
Stereo monitoring is also feasible with a front panel mini-TRS headphone jack.
With desktop software v14 analog audio can be set up for adaptability when wanting to record voice overs
and more with the ability to select how the DB-25 connection on AJA Io 4K Plus is configured:
- Balanced Analog Audio I/O: Output across Ch. 1-8, Ch. 1-4, or Ch. 5-8 | Input across Ch. 1-8, Ch. 1-4, or Ch. 5-8
- 8-Channel, 24 and 16-bit D/A analog audio, 48 kHz sample rate, balanced, using industry standard 8x XLR on DB-25 breakout cable (cable not included)
Attach your digital sources via 12G-SDI to AJA Io 4K Plus for capture to a wide variety of formats.
Monitor via HDMI 2.0 output (HDR10, HLG, Dolby Vision*)
and master to targets utilising high quality professional SDI outputs,
and analog or tri-level reference.
*Dolby Vision amalgamation offered when utilising the AJA SDK.
HDR or High Dynamic Range, offers the capability to display a broader and fuller array of colours,
significantly brighter whites and considerably deeper,
darker blacks than typical signals permit.
This gives your imagery a more ‘dynamic’ look
and permits for natural true to life colours to be communicated to your audience.
AJA Io 4K Plus offers this assistance for your 4K/UltraHD/2K and HD HDR pipelines to HDMI matching displays in software v14
with HLG and HDR 10 assistance
with HDR Infoframe metadata,
in agreement with HDMI 2.0a/CTA-861.3 and HD.
v14.2 Desktop Software gives you HDR input from HDMI 2.0 input for capturing PlayStation and PlayStation Pro game play and more.
Monitor 4K/UltraHD In HD
When performing at 4K resolutions, AJA Io 4K Plus yields a high quality HD-SDI down-converted signal on a devoted BNC connector.
This HD signal can be utilised to output 4K projects immediately to HD recorders for broadcast and for simple viewing of 4K images on HD monitors during post production.
Comprehensive Compatibility: Thunderbolt™ 3 Via USB-C
AJA Io 4K Plus offers two Thunderbolt 3 ports for true Thunderbolt adaptability.
Thunderbolt 3 doubles the speed of the earlier Thunderbolt 2 standard with up to 40 Gps of throughput and utilises the universal USB-C connection standard for true easiness over a single cable and port for today’s leading PC and Mac laptops and workstations, perfect for Video and Audio I/O as offered by the AJA Io 4K Plus.
Thunderbolt™ 3 features:
- Daisy chain up to six devices
- DisplayPort 1.2 – compatible with current DisplayPort cables, devices and displays
- USB 3.1 (10 Gb/s) – compatible with existing USB cables and devices
- Lowest latency for PCI Express audio
- DisplayPort 1.2 – supports two 4K displays (4096 x 2160 30bpp @ 60 Hz)
- 4x lanes of PCI Express Gen 3
- Bi-directional, dual-protocol (PCI Express and DisplayPort)
- 40 Gb/s: Thunderbolt™ 3 – double the speed of Thunderbolt™ 2
- USB-C connector and cables (small, reversible)
- Thunderbolt™, USB, DisplayPort and power on USB-C
Professional Connectivity: HDMI 2.0 And 12G-SDI
Today’s workflows require ease, bandwidth and speed.
AJA Io 4K Plus maintains:
- Dual Link
- And 4K
- as well as UltraHD
- and HD over HDMI 2.0
- for both capture and output.
The HDMI output is also able to accurately display HDR 10 and HLG to support emerging HDR workflows.
12G-SDI and HDMI 2.0 bring both power and simplicity to your projects, with the ability to use single cables for both input and output for the most demanding workflows. 12G-SDI is backwards compatible with SDI sources, covering all your bases through a single port. HDMI 2.0 allows high raster and frame rate capture and the ability to display the same to affordable and beautiful HDMI 2.0 displays.
AJA Thunderbolt 3 Solutions
Bring more simplicity, speed and power to your workflows with AJA Thunderbolt™ 3 solutions.
Discover how AJA’s Io 4K Plus and Io IP I/O devices provide you the bandwidth to simply move 4K/UltraHD, High Frame Rate and deep colour content over a single cable in and out of your computer, comprising HDR support across HDMI 2.0.
The Cutting-Edge Of Capture And Output Hardware Offered Over Thunderbolt 3
AJA Io 4K Plus is the cutting-edge of capture and output hardware offered over Thunderbolt 3, giving you a full set of professional video and audio connectivity with support for the latest:
- High Dynamic Range (HDR);
- High Frame Rate (HFR);
- 4K/UltraHD devices;
- And deep colour workflows.
The power of Thunderbolt 3 allows AJA Io 4K Plus to manage a broad array of formats from:
- SD to HD;
- And full 4K;
- With frame rates up to 60p over both 12G-SDI and HDMI 2.0 with single cable ease;
- Plus HDR 10 and HLG support over HDMI for evolving HDR workflows.
AJA’s technical support is accepted as among the best in the industry and is offered to all AJA customers.
If you require help with any facet of your Mobile I/O:
- Or confront any technical issue, AJA Support will work with you to get up and running.
Mobile I/O products are covered by a substantial three year warranty.
Please see the specific Product’s Manual for further details around warranty terms for the product itself.
- Headphone jack and level control for mobile settings
- RS-422 VTR control, Reference, LTC Input
- Compatibility with artistic applications including AJA Control Room, FilmLight products, Avid Media Composer, Apple Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Premiere Pro and more
- Standard 12v 4-pin XLR for AC or battery power
- Downstream keyer
- 16-channel embedded audio on SDI; 8-channel embedded audio on HDMI; 4-channel analog audio in and out via XLR breakout
- Two Thunderbolt 3 ports permit simple daisy-chaining of up to six Thunderbolt devices
- 8-,10- and 12-bit 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 over 12G-SDI or HDMI 2.0 workflow support
- Real time 4K/UltraHD to 2K/HD down-conversion
- 12G/6G/3G/1.5G-SDI and HDMI 2.0 I/O for 4K, UltraHD, 2K, HD and SD with HFR support up to 60p at 4:2:2
- Backwards compatibility with existing Thunderbolt hosts
- Portable 4K/UltraHD and HD/SD capture and playback across Thunderbolt 3